A registry cleaner is a class of third party software utility designed for the Microsoft Windows operating system, whose purported purpose is to remove redundant items from the Windows registry.
Registry cleaners are not supported by Microsoft, but vendors of Registry cleaners claim that they are useful to repair inconsistencies arising from manual changes to applications, especially COM-based programs. However a virtual machine or virtual application is a faster and more reliable means of reverting an operating system to a previous good known state in a testing or application sequencing scenario.
“Comodo System Utilities”s interface is so easy to understand it practically shows you how to clean your computer. The feature of Comodo SU called ‘Active Clean’ runs in the background and fixes registry errors in real-time – so your PC is always up to speed. And another feature named, ‘SafeDelete’, our unique failsafe feature, makes accidental deletions a thing of the past.
CCleaner is a system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system – allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner. But the best part is that it’s fast (normally taking less than a second to run).
Cleans the following:
- Browsers – Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies, download history, form history on your favorite browsers.
– Supported Browsers, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari, K-Meleon, Rockmelt, Flock, Google Chrome Canary, Chromium, SeaMonkey, Chrome Plus, SRWare Iron, Pale Moon, Phoenix, Netscape Navigator, Avant and Maxthon.
- Windows – Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files, Log files, Clipboard, DNS Cache, Error Reporting, Memory Dumps, Jump Lists.
- Registry – Advanced features to remove unused and old entries, including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more…
- Third Party softwares – Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps including Windows Media Player, eMule, Google Toolbar, Microsoft Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more…
A free registry defragmentation and cleanup tool, simple to use, safe and reliable.
WinMend Registry Defrag is a free registry defragmentation and cleanup tool. It can rebuild registry index safely and clear waste registry space to make it easy for Windows and other applications to find data more efficiently. As Windows registry is re-organized, you will enjoy much improved operating system performance. This tool is safe, reliable, and simple to understand and use.
This is a free registry cleaner from BlueSprig. JetClean is a lightweight yet powerful system utility. It’s capable of eliminating debris that bogs down your PC with unrivaled functionality. It’s easy to use and customizable. Automatic Clean & Sweep allows you to schedule cleanings for idle times while Ignore List allows you to keep cookies for specific sites. Additionally, JetClean Rescue Feature automatically backs-up all changes and allows you to undo them.
Registry Life is a free cleaning and optimization utility by ChemTable Software. Registry Life is a utility for speeding up the system by fixing the registry errors, compression and defragmentation the registry. Registry cleanup function performs search and repair of a vast number of different registry problems. Unlike other programs, the software performs the registry optimization on system startup. Defragmentation and compression in automatic mode can be performed according to a schedule set by the user.